Pages

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Reflections on getting sick

I have a high fever and body ache. Last night it was very hard to even breathe as my airways were blocked and I was breathing through my mouth, very uncomfortable. It made me realize, that at time of death, I'm not only going to be in a similar situation but only worse, probably on a hospital bed with no ability to move or share with others how I'm feeling as I wouldn't have the strength to express myself. My only hope would be to think about Lord Krsna's lotus feet and surrender myself to Him.

Then, I realized, well who knows when death is going to come, it might happen today, tomorrow etc, so it's very important to take this process very seriously and be able to take full advantage of this human form of life. This is the boat provided by Krsna to be able to cross this material ocean of birth and death. Sometimes (most of the times) we take this process for granted but by devotee association and reading Srila Prabhupada's books we understand what a precious gift we have received.

Praying to all Vaishnavas to bless me so I can take this process seriously. Hare Krsna!

No comments:

Post a Comment