Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

GNAB - Good News Action Broadcast from our book distribution Sankirtan on 9/20/2014

Good News Action Broadcast from our book distribution Sankirtan on 9/20 at the international festival at Raleigh. I personally witnessed HG Jagdish prabhu's pure desire to distribute at this location and immediately, the divine couple reciprocated and allowed us to get in.

We were able to setup a book table and it turned out to be a great location. We got to meet very interesting people all looking for Krsna. Couple of experiences which stood out for me were these:

1. I saw a 10 or 11 year old soft spoken boy walking by our book table and I immediately, lifted my hand and said hi. He stopped and I said "We have some books on yoga and meditation that can free your from stress. You've heard of stress before right?" I was expecting him to say no, but to my surprise he said yes he had. I said- "but you look very peaceful, what's your secret." He then revealed I don't have stress but my mom is very stressed. I was taken aback with his innocence and his eagerness to help her. Then as I got into the show and tell of the BG, the kid was so intrigued and very absorbed in hearing. I realized, there doesn't need to be any qualification to become KC, and it can happen at any moment just by hearing sincerely and surrendering to Krsna. He eventually didn't buy the BG as he didn't have any money and he didn't want to ask his mother, but we still gave him a book and told him about our center. He was so happy and immediately he ran to his mother to tell her. Seeing this moment was so exhilarating for us. We left him with a good impression.

2. Another person was walking by and we said Hi. He said, sorry I'm very busy and I'm in a hurry. We said, ok, let's show you very quickly then. I showed him the Gita and started the show and tell but then he stopped me after - Thorou. He said - " Is this THE Gita? I said yes it is. He said whoa! I just watched a video last night about brahman and Brahma and then later that night I had a dream about the BG. I woke up this morning hoping to find one! " After this experience, I was convinced once again - Krsna reciprocates with anyone having a very sincere desire to come to Him. He not took the Gita and gave us a nice donation. He was also excited to come to the BV program and the temple. 

Both these experiences left a very deep impression on us and made us realize how we can be instruments for Mahaprabhu and why SP stressed on the importance of book distribution. Haribol!

No comments:

Post a Comment