Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Importance of the Holy Name - by Mahaprabhu himself

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu says to Prakasananda Sarasvati in CC Adi 7:

My spiritual master said:
CC Ādi 7.72: "'You are a fool,' he said. 'You are not qualified to study Vedānta philosophy, and therefore You must always chant the holy name of Kṛṣṇa. This is the essence of all mantras, or Vedic hymns.

SP: Mahaprabhu is teaching us that this should be our mood, that we are fools and we just have to follow our Gurudev. We should learn that chanting the Holy name is the "ONLY" way to go back in this yuga. We should remember that the Holy name is none other than Krsna himself.

CC Ādi 7.73: "Simply by chanting the holy name of Kṛṣṇa one can obtain freedom from material existence. Indeed, simply by chanting the Hare Kṛṣṇa mantra one will be able to see the lotus feet of the Lord.

CC Ādi 7.74: "'In this Age of Kali there is no religious principle other than the chanting of the holy name, which is the essence of all Vedic hymns. This is the purport of all scriptures.'

CC Ādi 7.75: "After describing the potency of the Hare Kṛṣṇa mahā-mantra, My spiritual master taught Me another verse, advising Me to always keep it within My throat.

CC Ādi 7.76: "'For spiritual progress in this Age of Kali, there is no alternative, there is no alternative, there is no alternative to the holy name, the holy name, the holy name of the Lord.'

CC Ādi 7.77: "Since I received this order from My spiritual master, I always chant the holy name, but I thought that by chanting and chanting the holy name I had been bewildered.

SP: By following in Mahaprabhu's footsteps we should remember that the Holy name is the the only way to go back home in this age and hence chant our rounds without offence every morning during Brahma-muhurata to get the most benefit + Once you have received instructions from your Gurudev, follow it with you heart, mind, body and words!

CC Ādi 7.78: "While chanting the holy name of the Lord in pure ecstasy, I lose myself, and thus I laugh, cry, dance and sing just like a madman.

SP: Mahaprabhu confirms that by chanting without any offenses, you will see the lotus feet of the Lord and then you will be in pure ecstasy.

CC Ādi 7.79: "Collecting My patience, therefore, I began to consider that chanting the holy name of Kṛṣṇa had covered all My spiritual knowledge.

CC Ādi 7.80: "I saw that I had become mad by chanting the holy name, and I immediately submitted this at the lotus feet of my spiritual master.

SP: Whenever in doubt, approach your Gurudev and senior vaishnavas for questions.

CC Ādi 7.81: "'My dear lord, what kind of mantra have you given Me? I have become mad simply by chanting this mahā-mantra!

CC Ādi 7.82: "'Chanting the holy name in ecstasy causes Me to dance, laugh and cry.' When My spiritual master heard all this, he smiled and then began to speak.

SP: Purport is beautiful to this verse. When your Gurudev sees you progressing, he will become very happy and will be obliged that you have taken this path seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment